Residents: In the past 24 hours there has been reports of vehicle burglaries. PLEASE be vigilant in ensuring that your vehicles are secure and locked every evening.
Here are a few tips on vehicle and personal belonging security:
- Lock your doors and roll up the windows – suspects often look for unlocked cars, especially in poor weather when there are fewer people out of doors to notice suspicious activity
- Take your valuables – don’t leave anything of value in the vehicle or in plain sight. Even a cupholder can attract a thief. It is important to keep personal documents, checkbooks, and driver’s licenses in your possession at all times. Don’t leave gift cards in the car.
- Hide your things – if you can’t carry everything with you, hide them in the trunk or under a seat out of view
- Park in secure areas – keep your vehicle in the driveway or garage. Avoid parking on the street, if possible, and choose street parking in well-lit areas or under motion activated lights
- If you have an alarm, don’t forget to activate it.